Having extra money in your bank account is a good thing, right? Not many people would say no to a few extra dollars to play with. But how can we make this happen? This is an age of the sharing economy when people can borrow and lend from others in their community. We’ll dive more into this innovative method for saving and earning money soon. But with home mortgages, insurance, kids, and vacations, we’re always looking for various ways to save money and earn some extra. Here are some tips you can try today to ease your financial stress.
Tips For Saving Money
- Go to the Dollar Store: This may not be everyone’s favorite place to shop, but they definitely have great products you can use daily at an unbeatable price. For consumable products such as laundry detergent, trash bags, foil, snacks, and more, don’t be afraid to visit this wonderful place.
- Leave Snacks In Your Car: Do you have a long commute or does spending time at a red light just make you hungry? When fast food cravings pop up and you’re stuck in your car, grab a bag of chips or inexpensive snack bars you can stock up on at your grocery store. This will save you money on drive-through expenses.
- Save Your Change: When we spend with cash instead of debit or credit cards, this has two benefits. First, you have a better idea of how much you are actually spending. Second, you get change back! After each week, empty your purse or pockets of the extra change that you received as well as any single dollar bills. This makes for an easy way of saving, even if it’s just a little bit.
Tips For Earning Money
- Become a Pet Sitter: If you love animals and have some spare time in your day, let your friends know you can walk their dog for them. The time spent outside will be great for both you and the dogs.
- Open a Bank Account: Did you know that there are bank accounts that will give you money to open an account? This promotional offer can come in handy when the bank is also offering accounts with no fees and no minimums. If you don’t touch the money, the interest that is earned on the account will also be an extra, albeit small, income.
- Take Pictures: There are many couples who want pictures taken at their weddings or families who want graduation party photos. Offer up your services! You can still take some memory capturing images with a small digital camera or even your iPhone.
The Sharing Economy App
Take a look around your home and find items that you could lend to others in your community with the sharing economy app. You might be surprised at the number of things that other people need for a short period of time and who don’t want to buy the item. Here are just a few:
- Foldable tables
- Gaming Systems
- Sports Equipment, such as skis, snowboards, tennis rackets, camping gear, and bicycles
- Lawn Equipment, such as tillers, ladders, and mowers
- Tools, such as nail guns, chainsaws, and drills
What’s so great about the Yuzit app is that those who lend have to do very little to help others who want what you have. When other people are looking to test out a product before they buy it, or they just want to experience boating for a day, you are connecting with people who want to have an experience and you’re making money at the same time. What’s better than that? Well, the sharing economy is also creating a habit of sustainable living that promotes borrowing and lending instead of purchasing and selling. By protecting limited resources, we are protecting the environment and our wallets.
Learn more about how Yuzit got started and sign up today.